Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PVE server

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ragingstorm
Member+
Member+
ragingstorm

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:42 am

Most popular server's are pure PVP and pure PVE server's. Blizzlike server's are used but not popular enough to care about them and what a pointless waste of time and ram lol. Pure PVE server is the best choice if you want an idea.

Here is the general idea on how to run a PVE server. You need instant 70, both alliance and horde malls. You give out free T4 that's it no higher, people must raid for T5,T6 and if you include it sunwell gear. All proffesions need a quick to level mod, like enchanting skill goes up by 10 each enchant Razz. No need to put any type of PVP gear on this server what so ever.
All bosses are as many as you can get scripted must be scripted. If you have someone who is really nice and would deadicate their time to LUA scripting, scripting all trash in each raid would be a BIG bonus as not one PVE server i been too has that yet and it would just be awseme. Don't put the malls in a major city find a spot for horde and alliance in totally different parts of the world. If you have any questions just ask em Razz

P.S if this wasn't what you asked for in your last post and i have posted this becuase i am too tired and misread your post delete this Razz
Back to top Go down
gmHelp
Admin
Admin
gmHelp

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:19 am

nice post PVE are good fun problem is u need people to do em as in 5 or 10 or even 25

where as PVP u can have 2 people doing or even 3
althought some defent points
Back to top Go down
gamesyo1
Developer
Developer
gamesyo1

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:57 am

thats not 100% true, you can customize pve server, they dont neccerasly need 5man-10man-25man raids to raid.i remember this server(Closed now). it had custom basses, and each boss drop diffrent tier loots, and some random TK/SSC/BT loot, best server i have played till now, shame it went down cause thats the BEST pve server i know Smile. you could just 2man the bosses, but took like 10m to kill 1.
Back to top Go down
gmHelp
Admin
Admin
gmHelp

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:12 am

Would take a loot of Database work but games if u willing to do it (oc me and nash with our limited knowledge could help if needed =P
maybe t7 Stuff where u have a giant version of a staff and have to kill them??? although nash dose't like custom kit (oc not op but good enough to make a difference maybe just wepons tabard and shirt ??? what do u think?
Back to top Go down
sikilde
**Special Member**
**Special Member**
sikilde

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:49 am

What about a highe rate/highe level PvE/PvP server? ^^

Like max level 255, lvling arena(Not level road -.-'')
Not a Mall, just some hided tier vendors.. D1, D2, D3 (not sure if it is D3 Razz) and T3.. Those Vendors can get script, so they spawn in diff place each 24 hour. Also diff place each day, like one place on Monday, a new place on Tuesday, and a new place on Wednesday and so on ; )

So to get T4, T5 or T6.. You need to do raids ; )

I have alot of ideas to a server like that, so I will be glad to help : )
Back to top Go down
gmHelp
Admin
Admin
gmHelp

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:08 am

Sounds like a lot of work lmoa but sounds good =P
Back to top Go down
ragingstorm
Member+
Member+
ragingstorm

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:03 pm

While lv255 server's can be fun and i assume your talking about underworld server now, alot of people get stuck too often and give up half way through the lving. Plus the higher the lv's above lv70 means the more bugs your going to get. This would require one or many deadicated dev's to sort out lol not to mention all the cutom mobs bosses loot, and gear you would need to make, takes time and is not easy. I only mentioned the PVE server becuase it takes less time and has few bugs and you have no requirement to keep a heavy amount of GM's on the server as people can run their own raids without needing a GM to res them every 5 mins Razz. Also the fun factor of lving your char from 1-70 is too me lost, lol i don't come to private server's to lv that's why i suggest make it instant lv70 as many more people will be atrracted to it Razz. Custom bosses are ok idea, however unless these are world bosses it would be hard to clear out instance's and make mobs for them and loot and wont be needed until the server got heavy populated. Main concern would be getting Sunwell up and running tbh see how you view it Razz, I love PVE and this is why i feel strongly about what i post in this topic.

Love ya all Razz
Back to top Go down
gmHelp
Admin
Admin
gmHelp

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:18 pm

OK read that long message (u love long messages) and i agree leveling =ban unless its like 70-100 or something easy starting out at level 1 is just bad every few minuests going back for spells.

o and max level 255 i think not

if we did a max level i would suggest nothing over 200 =P
Back to top Go down
sikilde
**Special Member**
**Special Member**
sikilde

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:52 pm

It diff what ppl think its fun ; )

Anyways..

Max level 255 = You can solo almost every instance.. That is a kinde of fun Wink
If you need to start at level 1, I have a really easy way to get to level 70-75 in like 10 min ; )
Also, from level 70-75.. You can buy Epic Fly mount, then you can fly around in outland get get to level 85.. Then you can start on the leveling arena..

This is a server I would join with out question.. And I know alot of other ppl would love to try it out..

I talk to Nash about it for a faw days ago, and he like the Idea...

Aslo, ofc is it boring to level from 1-255, but look at it this way.. We make custom weapon that make it easyer to level, you can get then at level 75 or something, then you make some weapon/gear at level 150.. so at level 235 or something you can get something new again.. So its fun when you hit level 75, then you start trying to get to 150, just to get somehting new, then you again try to get to 235, and so on.. It will always be something to do.. Thats why its not boring..

But some server's don't understand that its not fun to just run around with OP weapon and 1 hit everything >_<

You need to make it to a challenge, that what is make it fun..

But yea, I can't just say to you: Make a server like this, this is what ppl like!

I know it will be ALOT of work if you are going to start on this, but I also know that you're going to get ALOT of players after a time ; )
Back to top Go down
gmHelp
Admin
Admin
gmHelp

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:38 pm

read all that (god people stop with mega long posts lmao) 250 i think may be to much to sundenly do maybe a lower nomber to start off with?

So amybe 150 ???
Back to top Go down
ragingstorm
Member+
Member+
ragingstorm

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:50 pm

If your gonna commit to this idea make sure your really commited becuase this will take a long time and work and sleepless nights Razz. Much to do much to make but worth it if you get it right Smile. Like my friend said it will bring alot of players to the server, but you need orgrinal idea's server's like underworld are awseme for this kind of server and will take much to beat it. And this kind of server is so easy to F*** up make sure its done right before opening it Razz
Back to top Go down
sikilde
**Special Member**
**Special Member**
sikilde

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:16 pm

Agreed with ragingstorm, we need to make it good from the start.. We could make start on the server, make it so its passible to do something there, open it for a faw ppl, and ask them what they think need a change, and what they like ; )

And no, not 150, not 250, but 255 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nash
Admin
Admin
Nash

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:32 pm

Haha mmk Smile

-Admin Nash
Back to top Go down
https://blackout.forumotion.com
gmHelp
Admin
Admin
gmHelp

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:55 am

Also got to rember the higher the level more custom kit u need and nash has already said he doesn't love custom gear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PVE server Empty
PostSubject: Re: PVE server   PVE server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PVE server
Page 1 of 1